Thursday, February 9, 2012

WOD #1 released

Day 40 - Thursday, February 9, 2012
Throwdown countdown: 2


The first WOD got released today for Saturday's throwdown. 8 minute AMRAP including 9 box jumps (step ups), 6 hand release pushups (oh boy) and 3 front squats. As one of the other competitors said, at least we're unable to DNF this one! The movement requirements were really clear (thanks, Kevin and Dean) but I'm still a bit concerned about the pushups. Resting and tapering pre-competition has me getting stiff and sore. Foam rolling should help a bit, but I'm thinking about doing some light rowing (Jay mentioned this is in the pep talk) tomorrow night. I left my comfort zone behind miles ago. I already considered no-showing, but can't face the wrath and disappointment of the coaches if I did that. I've been trying to visualize my strategy and success for WOD #1. Step-ups, no problem. Just make sure you fully extend your hips at the top. Pushups, let's practice a couple. Make sure you hit that top plank position every time. Front squats, take a breath and just do them. This weight is easy for you. I'm not sure what a good score will be for this one, but I'll get through it. Finish. Breathe and finish. 


Food: 
Breakfast - cheddar omelet, bacon, hot chocolate
Lunch - tunafish with raisins and pecans, sweet potato chips
Dinner - cajun chicken breast with andouille sausage


Workout:
prescribed rest day

No comments:

Post a Comment